Combo 4August 20, 2021
Doggles – SmallAugust 23, 2021
Doggles – X-Small
R370.00 inc. VAT
Dogs need eye protection just as humans do, whether it is protection from the sun’s harmful rays or from wind and debris.
Doggles are designed with a deeper lens cup, wider nose bridge, flexible frame and soft adjustable head and chin strap.
100% UV block, shatter-proof and anti-fog.
Sizing: To get a better idea of what size Doggles your dog will need, please measure from the center (middle of the pupil) of the left eye to the center (middle of the pupil) of the right eye in centimeters. Do not measure from the inside/outside corners of the eyes. Incorrect measurement will materially affect the choice of Doggles size, and it is important that you measure correctly since FurBall is not liable for replacement (or any associated costs, such as return/re-send delivery) where the incorrect size was ordered.
Please see below for sizing chart:
|Doggles size||Typical size dog||Back strap and frame length||Chin strap length||Actual lens size|
|Extra small||0.5-5 kg||13-33 cm||8-17 cm||2.5 x 3.2 cm|
|Small||4-12 kg||30-50 cm||10-20 cm||3.8 x 5.1 cm|
|Medium||9-27 kg||38-63 cm||13-28 cm||3.8 x 5.7 cm|
|Large||22-41 kg||46-76 cm||15-38 cm||3.8 x 6.4 cm|
|Extra large||41+ kg||56-114 cm||28-66 cm||5.1 x 7.6 cm|
Unlike ordinary sunglasses for dogs, Doggles protect dogs’ eyes from foreign objects, wind, and UV light.
All models have flexible, snug-fitting frames, which have foam padding against the face, polycarbonate (shatterproof and anti-fog) lenses, and adjustable elastic head and chin straps to keep them securely on the dog.
Doggles ensure a perfect fit by using two adjustable head straps – one behind the head and one under the chin. The chin strap simply wraps under your dog’s chin and snaps into place. They are very simple to use.
- For dogs with the increasingly common eye disease, Pannus, Doggles are proving themselves very useful. It is well known that dogs with Pannus should stay out of direct sun and get protection from UV light. Doggles are a great alternative for those dogs that can’t stay inside during the day.
- Is your dog losing its eyesight? Has it had cataract surgery? This may be the perfect solution for you. You need to visit your local Vet Opthalmologist for a custom prescription OR if your dog has had cataract surgery and NO lenses implanted, you can order the standard correction of +14.00/each eye. Custom orders take about two weeks to process. All corrective Doggles are custom made. Therefore we do NOT accept returns or exchanges on these items. If you have any sizing questions please contact us first.
How do dogs like wearing Doggles?
Most dogs will readily accept Doggles after a short adjustment period. Training your dog to wear the goggles can be accomplished in a small amount of time if you follow these easy steps:
- Don’t put the goggles on your dog while indoors. Imagine yourself wearing dark tinted glasses inside. You cannot see and neither can your dog.
- When you first put the goggles on your dog don’t let him paw at the glasses or roll to get them off. Reassure him that it’s okay. Take him immediately into bright sunlight and let him realize that he can see with them on. Walk him around to get his mind off the goggles.
- Try to go through this routine as often as possible. The number of training sessions required depends on your dog.
Blue, Camo, Lilac with flowers, Pink zebra, Red