This is a very tasty vegan recipe, fresh and flavorful, perfect for even the most picky dog.
It is a very good alternative to the daily kibble, packed with proteins and vitamins too.
1 large sweet potato
1 cup frozen peas, cooked according to directions on package
2/3 cups uncooked quinoa + 1 1/3 cup water (yields 2 cups cooked)
1 banana, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil
3. Pierce sweet potato with a fork multiple times around the sweet potato
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for one hour
5. While sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa: Bring quinoa and water to a boil in stockpot. Lower temperature and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes
6. Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces when cooled
7. Combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, peas, and banana, and separate into 3 equal servings.
Cooking is an act of love so, naturally, cooking for our dogs is something we get great pleasure from.
When they like it, of course, when they don’t it’s just sad, really.
Over the years, we’ve tried a lot of recipes we’ve found online. Eventually we came up with the ones our dogs love the most. We looked for simple, quick recipes that they would love.
Hopefully your dogs will love it too!
Mike & Sandy