Super Lightweight RampMay 14, 2019
Devon RexMay 20, 2019
Elevated Pet Bed
R725.00 – R1,109.00 inc. VAT
Raised Dog Beds
Elevated dog beds would be the human equivalent of a cot. The raised bed consists of four strong legs and fabric that has been pulled tight across the frame to support your dog’s body. The idea is simple – provide comfort and support for your dog while keeping them off the floor!
- Light, portable and easy to assemble
- Add space between your dog and cold floor
- Ease pressure on hips, hocks and elbows, for a more comfortable sleep
- Suitable for either indoor or outdoor use
- Easy to clean – just spray down with a hosepipe!
Small 46 x 61 cm – 18cm from the floor > Dogs up to 20kg
Medium 61 x 76 cm – 18cm from the floor > Dogs up to 30kg
Large 76 x 91 cm – 16cm from the floor > Dogs up to 40kg
XLarge 91 x 122 cm – 16cm from the floor > Dogs up to 45kg
Best dog bed, all year round!
The raised dog bed is ideal for all seasons. During winter, the elevated dog bed keeps your dog off the cold floor, and in summer months the bed allows air to circulate under your pet to keep them cool, unlike a traditional pillow bed. An elevated dog bed is ideal for all kinds of dogs!
- Keep your dog of the floor – this helps your dog to stay at a comfortable temperature. Air can circulate underneath it, so your dog doesn’t get too hot or too cold. This is especially important if the dog would otherwise be on a cold cement or tile floor, as in a kennel, or the hard plastic floor of a crate.
- An elevated bed provides firm, even support. Lying on the floor can put pressure on your dog’s hips, shoulders, and elbows, and a traditional puffy bed does not do much to reduce that pressure.
- Cot beds are portable. Stuffed dog beds can be bulky and difficult to travel with. Raised dog beds are lightweight, so they are very easy to move from room to room, outside or to take with when you go training. The design ensures that they are compact to travel with so you can offer your dog a familiar place to sleep while on holiday.
- Easy to keep clean. Raised dog beds are much easier to keep clean than foam-based dog beds: you just wipe them down! You may be able to machine-wash the cover of a puffy bed, but the stuffing can still harbor all kinds of allergens, including dust mites, dander, and pollen from outdoors.
A raised bed can be used as a platform, when training your dog. Being higher up from the ground requires more focus and defines the boundary. A platform is a more effective training tool than a bed or a mat, as it keeps the dog in position
A dog that is platform-trained understands that the platform edge represents a boundary, where your dog must stay in the designated area until released.
- Sets a clear boundary of where you want your dog to remain, until released
- Develop and promote impulse control
- Essential training tool when working with multiple dogs
- Promotes teaching obedience, focus, self-control, balance and confidence.