How To Fight Your Child’s Cold or FluJune 10, 2016
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake Recipe by RelishJune 27, 2016
Oh My God Chocolate Desserts welcome to Vera’s sweet and savory kitchen adventures
When you don’t know what to make for dessert, a cake is always a good solution. This time, my choice was the decadent Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake and trust me, it wasn’t a mistake.
Thinking about my next post, I decided to look through the categories on the blog and see what I had not done in a long time. Unbelievable! It turns out that for almost 9 months, there was no classic chocolate cake recipe on my blog. Of course, you may wonder what is a „Triple Chocolate Cheesecake“? Well, when I’m talking about a classic cake, then I’m thinking of the ones like my favorite OMG Chocolate Chocolate Cake ! Something with good old chocolate layer cakes and filling between them.
Well, If things are like that, I thought to myself, then it’s time to put that right! Of course, the next question was appearing by itself, which cake will we make? In the beginning of my blogging, I was very suspicious towards experimenting and always tried to copy the phenomenal recipes step by step. But with time, my kitchen adventures are becoming more and more original. I start from the proven recipes and change other little things and in the end, I get something completely new. OK, sometimes it didn’t come out best, but sometimes it was exactly what I was trying to get.
It was precisely what happened to my chocolate cake, which I decided do bake and broaden my category with chocolate cakes. Whatever the start was, the end result was a really decadent cake which I named Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake.
I suppose that from the title itself, it was clear to you what this was all about. The cornerstone of my cake are of course two layers my favorite Hershey chocolate cake. But what was new this time is a beautiful white filling between the two layers made of a mix of specially scrambled heavy whipping cream and cream cheese, sugar with an addition of chosley chopped Oreo cookies. Of course, in order for the cake to get a really decadent outlook, there is the unavoidable chocolate ganache, this time made of milk chocolate with heavy whipping cream.
And so, with a little more decoration of chocolate chips, my Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake was more than i expected in the beginning. At least as the cake look goes. But, the flavour of my new cake didn’t disappoint either. The beautiful white filling was a perfect fit with the two chocolate layers!
And if you are in doubt of your assessment, you should offer it to a natural degustator. As for my Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake , the friends of my husband had the honour, as they came by for their usual „hanging out“. The best indicator of their opinion was the empty plate after they all went home.
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
For chocolate cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For no-baked Oreo cheesecake filling:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese-softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 12 Oreo Cookies- coarsely crushed
For milk chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz. milk chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup whipped cream
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease two 9 inch round baking pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and mix until it’s smooth.
- Divide batter into 2 prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans, than remove from pans to wire racks upside down (this flattens domed cakes) and cool completely.
To make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl mix heavy whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until it’s smooth.
- Combine cream cheese and whipped cream and stir in crushed Oreo.
To make the ganache:
- In a sauce pan over a low heat melt chopped milk chocolate, remove from the heat and stir in heavy cream. Stir until it’s smooth and pour over the cake. (if it’s too runny cool it a little until ganache is thickened but still thin enough to drip down the sides of the cake).
To Assemble the Cake:
- Spread filling on bottom layer of cooled cake, carefully place the second layer on top of filling, then spoon chocolate ganache on top of the cake. Garnish with chocolate chips and whipped cream if desired.