Surviving The Post-OpApril 6, 2016
PRESS RELEASE – The merry month of the PURPLE REIGN in JUNE – In honour of cancer warriors who are forever changed.June 2, 2016
FOR THE CAKE
- 350g butter
- 180ml golden syrup
- 160ml cocoa powder
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 8ml vanilla essence
- 600g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 300g dark chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- selection of small chocolate sticks and dark and white Maltesers or Whoppers
- Line a 20cm round or square cake tin with baking paper. Heat butter and syrup on medium until melted. Do not let it boil. Take off the heat and add the cocoa, chocolate and vanilla. Stir until you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Add the crushed biscuits and stir well. Press the mixture into the prepared tin. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge for about 2 hours until firm.
- Remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack. Melt the dark chocolate and white chocolate separately. Spread the dark chocolate all over the cake. Decorate with the selection of sweets before the chocolate sets. Drizzle with the white chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.